Wednesday 9 April 2008

Cutecard Thursday

Hi there, been on holiday with the kids during their easter hols so haven't made any cards for couple of weeks. This one is for cutecard thursday but only just in time. I was checking out some challenge blogs when I spotted the transport theme on cct and just had to do it as I've been looking for an excuse to use my new stampin up! set. When I checked out the design team cards one of them had already used it but he ho its the only transport stamp I've got. Don't these challenge blogs make you realise you really dooooo need more craft stuff lol.


Now don't laugh but I didn't set out with this card in mind when I started but flicking through my papers. I thought the white stripe on this paper looked like a road through a tropical jungle ( I said don't laugh! ha ha) so that's how this particular card came about. Its coloured with pearly watercolours, the idea was to make the truck look like metallic paint but I don't think it worked.




Stamp set: loads of love set by Stampin up!
Paper: Spring life by papermania
Flower and tag from stash

Thanks for looking


Julia






6 comments:

jenny said...

Fab card, I love how you added the trailer! I have just ordered this set! can't wait for it to arrive :)
Thanks for the comment on my blog and welcome to blogging x

Jilli said...

Great card, I can see what you mean about the road. Love this stamp not seen this one before.

Louly said...

I'm not laughing! I think it's a fabulous idea. I love it.

Andrea, said...

Fab card, love the trailer.
Thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

Sarah C said...

I didn't laugh either. It's briliant. I could see the pearly paint effect. I have some too and they give a lovely subtle, but shimmery effect don't they?

Sandy said...

Wonderful card Julia. Gorgeous work.